Monday, February 15, 2010

Slow-cooker Stew for the Soul

When it is cold outside there is nothing more enjoyable than warming my heart and soul with a big helping of stew. It's been raining for what seems like years and looking out the window into drizzly weather is quite depressing. I needed a little pick me up and I knew that this would be just the ticket!

Ingredients:
1 lb of beef (stew meat)
1 medium onion, chopped
4 carrots, chopped into 1 in pieces
3 large potatoes, little larger than bite size (this is a hearty stew afterall)
1 can of beef broth
2/3 cup of BBQ sauce
2 cloves of garlic, minced
3 tbsp of oregano
2 tsp of thyme
salt and pepper to taste


First put broth, BBQ sauce, garlic and oregano into the slow cooker. Then add in the meat, potatoes and veggies and toss to coat. Put the lid on (set it and forget it-ha ha) and cook on high for about 6 hours.


When it is complete put a big heaping spoonful (or 2) into a pretty bowl, salt and pepper to taste and slice a nice rustic piece of bread to accompany the dish. Bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Drop me a line...I love comments. XOXO ~Cass