Sunday, July 11, 2010

So HOT it'll melt your popsicle

The weather around the Pacific Northwest has been absolutely beautiful and I have been soaking up the sunshine!
I was bored and what better way to waste time then to check out the blogs. As I was perusing It's The Little Things I happened upon her genius idea for homemade popsicles here. Now I don't know about you but I always have great intentions of eating right and getting in my dairy. You see, I don't drink milk and I always forget to take my calcium pills so I leave it to chance that I get enough calcium from cheese, yogurt and ice-cream. ;) While I may have the best of intentions I seldom have the will power to see it through. I typically will buy anywhere from 6-8 yogurts and only eat maybe half of them and then I end up throwing the rest out. Well not any more thanks to this genius woman!!

Today I had 4 left over yogurts and I had my fill; the texture and the thought of stuffing one more spoon full of yogurt into my mouth made me wince. So I decided to test out her idea and it totally worked!





This is such a guilt free dessert and if you have kids they don't need to know that it isn't packed with sugar or that it is pretty good for them. I grabbed a pop, headed to the deck and decided to enjoy some more sunshine.

Hope you all had a terrific weekend and found a way to keep cool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Drop me a line...I love comments. XOXO ~Cass