Friday, October 7, 2011

Goodwill Transformation

I love spray paint! I mean, really love spray paint. It is such an easy application to make a ho-hum item come alive. I found this basket at Goodwill; it's large and in charge. I'm not sure what its past life was, maybe holding gladiolas, or maybe fire wood but since the weather finally took a turn toward the cooler side I knew it would make a nice addition for holding throw blankets.



Great bones but not digging the color. Don't get me wrong I love brown (its my go-to neutral when decorating) but I think The Hubs is right when he says we have too much. We needed to lighten up!

I grabbed my trusty can of Heirloom White and headed outside last Saturday to paint.


This is after two coats. I didn't use primer because I didn't care if it was well covered; I was going for the shabby chic look. I think it's terrific that some of the wood color is showing through. Although if you do not like this look I do highly recommend using a primer; you can even buy it in a spray can as well. The same concept applies when you are painting the walls of your house-for better color and coverage you must prime first. : ) The one thing to remember about spray paint is that slow and steady ALWAYS wins the race. You want to make short, even/steady passes with the can so not to get any drips. Trust me, I am not a patient person and it ultimately bites me in the bootie every.single.time. I took my time on this however, I mean, what else was I going to do while The Hubs was at work ON A SATURDAY!! Gotta love football season!


Anyway it is like a brand new piece and I am thrilled.  


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Drop me a line...I love comments. XOXO ~Cass