Friday, December 31, 2010

When you dip, I dip...we dip

We are preparing to ring in the New Year with some friends tonight. We usually all play games, laugh and talk alot and eat some really good food. Speaking of food, we are in charge of an appetizer and I knew the perfect one. I made this for Christmas and it seemed to be a big hit.

Ingredients:
2 pkg cream cheese; softened
1pkg shredded sharp cheddar cheese
about 4 Tbsp of diced red pepper
a dash or two of ground cayenne pepper
a dash of regular pepper
a dash of salt
Sliced almonds

Directions:

Dice your red pepper


Beat the cream cheese and the cheddar cheese in a small bowl.


Add the remaining ingredient, except for the nuts and mix until it is well incorporated.


At this point you can shape the mixture into a fun "cheese ball" or you can put it in a pretty bowl. For traveling purposes I put ours into a bowl. Add the almonds to the top and refrigerate for a couple hours. When ready, serve with crackers. I find that Wheat Thins are awesome with this but The Hubs likes Ritz. It could be that he doesn't care for Wheat Thins. :) Anyway try out a few options and find works best for you.


In addition to the dip, I am bringing some bubbly that I bought for our Annual Holiday Party. We never opened it so I thought what other better occassion than New Years. I'm not a champagne aficionado so I hope it is good-wish me luck! I might try to find, if I don't run out of time, some fun garnish or additions for the drink to make it a bit more festive.


Happy New Year Everyone! Thanks for a fantastic 2010 and thanks for stopping by, checking out the blog and for all your wonderful comments. This wouldn't be any fun without the support of you. Be safe tonight and I will see you in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Drop me a line...I love comments. XOXO ~Cass