Sunday, October 24, 2010

Apple Picking at Greenbluff

One of my brothers decided to tag along with The Hubs and I while we went apple picking at Greenbluff. It's a tradition of ours to go apple picking and it ties into my birthday month so well. Normally we go around my birthday but this year it worked out better to go 2 weeks prior.
And it was an absolute beautiful day. Normally the weather is 'iffy' when we go but since we were early the sun was out, the weather was warm and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect Fall day.


The Hubs and I always hit up Walter's Farm first for the apple picking. And of course, The Hubs gets his twice a year treat of cheddar kettle corn while we are at it. It was extra special this year that my brother came along. We got to show him our favorite parts and share stories of years past.


Look at the apples! There were tons and we had our choice of pickings since we came early this year. Woohoo!


Just some more photo's of the beautiful orchards and our beautiful day!


At Walter's they also have pumpkins, a petting zoo, playground, concession stands with food and live music this time of year. It's really something to be able to be a part of year after year.


When we are finished at Walter's Farm then we head over to the main event, The Harvest House. This is where a ton of action is. They have a corn maze, wagon rides, booths of all kinds and of course the only reason we go---PUMPKIN DONUTS!!


My brother and I waited in line for almost an hour to get pumpkin donuts but it was totally worth it. They are so hot and fresh and rolled in cinnamon sugar mix. Oh heavenly! You must have at least 2 straight out of the fryer so we got a dozen. I know you probably think I am crazy but these donuts are crazy good and their not terribly big so a dozen isn't that nuts.

If you live in this area I recommend taking a trip to the Greenbluff area and trying out the experience for yourself. If you don't, I would also suggest researching for a similar experience near your home. The produce doesn't get any fresher and the experience can't be beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Drop me a line...I love comments. XOXO ~Cass