Sunday, May 30, 2010

Happiness is a bowl of cherries

I ventured into Liberty Lake yesterday to hit up the local Farmer's Market. There is something so beautiful about racks of fresh produce. Liberty Lake's Farmer's Market isn't huge by any means but they definitely hold their own. Their hours of operation are on Saturday's between 9am and 1pm (May-October); they are located at 1421 North Meadowwood Lane, Liberty Square Building. This is behind the Starbucks about a block and a half.

They have booth after booth of fresh produce, whatever is in season at that time. Every booth owner is very knowledgeable on their produce and products. They are more than generous to share their tips for using the produce.

This market not only carries produce but they have booths of herbs, garden variety plants, flowers and much more. There are booths of pastries, artisan breads, salmon (yes fish!), homemade gifts like soap and lotions and honey. Yesterday there were people making pizza, the crepe booth (phenomenal) and live music. I even saw a booth selling dog bones; there truly is something for everyone.

As I strolled through the booths and took in the sights and smells I saw a booth that two young guys were running and they had a beautiful bin of cherries. So I bought a pound and continued my way through the booths. I believe this will be a Saturday morning ritual for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Drop me a line...I love comments. XOXO ~Cass