Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sourdough Pancakes



The Hubs and I love the Oregon coast and we preparing to go on a family camping trip this year to this beautiful place. Two years ago, while on another family camping trip (also our engagement!), we drove into Seaside to do a little 'crabbin' off a bridge. While waiting for the pots to soak we hit the local 'Pig n Pancake'. It was so quaint and everything you would imagine with a name like that. Anyway their Sourdough Pancakes are bomb-diggity (a.k.a. out of this world) and The Hubs has been dropping hints since then that it would be wonderful to make these at home.

Maybe it was in anticipation of this upcoming trip and it was fresh on the mind or maybe it was the drizzly weather all weekend that caused us to have a hankering for pancakes but I found a recipe here and my mind was set. It's a bit of a process to make but they are so worth it!










The minute I cut up my side of strawberries I had realized that I should have made my own fruit syrup or incorporated it into my pancakes more. Well there is always next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Drop me a line...I love comments. XOXO ~Cass