Friday, August 20, 2010

Cookie Jar Love


I am an absolute lover of all things cooking and baking but during the summer months I spend as less time in the kitchen as I possibly can. I become a bit lazy, both in the physical sense and in the creative sense. I don't spend as much time trying new recipes or complicated ones at that but more throwing together very generic dinners together. You know, like salads or sandwiches or even busting out a can of stew. Oh yah...don't judge..I totally did it this week.

So The Hubs has been dropping hints about cookies or something chocolate or sweet. My sweet wants his sweets! Who can blame him but in all honesty I would rather do anything else then turn on the oven. Which leads me to my next point...you don't have to turn on the oven to have a great treat.

No bake cookies, ya'll! It didn't even occur to me until The Hubs, who is not a baker, mentioned it. Duh! Why in the heck didn't I think of that.

Chocolate Oatmeal No Bakes

~1/2 C butter
~2 C sugar
~ 1/2 C milk
~4 Tbsp of cocoa 
~1/2 C peanut butter
~4 C quick rolled oats (Instant Quaker type)
~2 tsp of vanilla 

Add the butter, sugar, milk and cocoa in a pan and bring to a rolling boil.

Remove pan from the heat. I then put the peanut butter into the chocolate mix, just to melt it slightly. And you can do all of these next steps in the same pan by adding the next three ingredients into the sauce pan but I prefer to use a big mixing bowl. Pour the choc/pb mix into your bowl with the oats and add the vanilla.

Then drop, by spoonfuls onto wax paper, your cookies.
I then put them in the fridge to set up. Then they are ready for your enjoyment.

Mmmmm...mmmmm....chocolatey goodness! Be sure to pair it with a big glass of milk-can't go wrong here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Drop me a line...I love comments. XOXO ~Cass