Friday, February 25, 2011

Happiness and Giggles

I am interrupting the normal house-y stuff for an idea/concept/thought that I just couldn't shake. I promise these are far and few between but I just needed to get this one out and move along :)

Life had me pinned to the floor recently and I didn't like the view!! For several months now I have been contemplating many aspects of my life, analyzing my options and digging down to the core of the issues. Now I'm not going to get into any specifics here but let me just say that this week was the cherry on top and I'm not talking ice-cream folks-I wish I were!

So just when I couldn't remember the last time I had chuckled, truly laughed (ah sad, can't believe I am actually typing this) I reached for a treat, a little sweet pick me up, and this is what was staring back at me....

A cute little smiley face and I know it's hard to make out what the jell-o man is saying so I will repeat it... "Happiness is still legal in all 50 states". Wow, right on the nose I tell ya. I couldn't help but giggle; it was such a simple concept and yet very thought provoking.

Have I (or we all) become so hardened by the roller-coaster of life that we need a little inspiration (yes, even from sugar free jell-o) to smack us back into enjoyment? Have we forgotten how to smile, to say a kind word to a stranger or lend a helping hand? After all, the greatest happiness is to transform one's feelings into action (Madame de Stael).

So I urge everyone to do something that evokes true happiness within; whether that be helping out a neighbor, painting a wall in your home a bright color or eating a piece of chocolate. Whatever your source of happiness, hold on to it, keep it tucked away in your pocket for a rainy day but think back on it often and just....giggle!

Abraham Lincoln was quoted saying "Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
So true! Happy Friday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Drop me a line...I love comments. XOXO ~Cass