Sunday, December 13, 2009

Patty Cake, Patty Cake...Bakers (Wo)Man

I spent the majority of yesterday baking. It was absolutely wonderful!! First I had plans to meet my dear friend to help with her baking for a cookie exchange she had been invited to. I told her about this wonderful recipe that I found on Sarah's blog If you haven't checked out Sarah's site I encourage you to. She is funny and amazing at home decor and pretty much anything she wants to tackle.

My friend didn't want to spend hours slaving in the kitchen making batter because let's face it we all have more exciting things to do and besides she had to make 5 DOZEN COOKIES!! Holy! That's a ton of cookies folks, I don't blame her at all. The recipe I found was soooo easy because the cookies were already premade (Pillsbury). Before I headed out to help though I wanted to bring along a surprise for her 2 1/2 year old daughter who I absolutely adore.

I found this idea here. It was the perfect fun idea I was looking for. I could also use it for the nieces and nephew when they come over for our Christmas party this year. Score!! Thanks Lindsay!! Seriously, check out her site also. Both of these women are absolutely creative and crafty!!

Here are pictures of what mine looked like...


It was extremely difficult for me to get the wrappers off of the crayons so 'J' decided that I should soak them in a bowl of water to see if it would help. And it did...on most of them.









They turned out great! I put them in a white paper bag (I have tons left over from the wedding) and put some holiday stickers on it and wrote her name on them as well. It's a super easy craft!

After I was finished helping my friend with her cookies; well mostly playing with her daughter, not so much helping-Sorry; I came back home and decided that I would make Mr. Wonderful (my husband) cookies also. He loves plain sugar cookies with icing and sprinkles-easy enough. I also decided to make beer bread. I had a box of batter from Pampered Chef but instead of regular beer bread, which is delicious, I was going to substitute beer for sparkling cider and add in chopped apple, walnuts and cinnamon/caramel sprinkles (also from Pampered Chef). I might take the bread to work with me tomorrow. Here are some pic's of my two cooking adventures...



Easy cookies from a package:



A different version of beer bread:







Next up are some Christmas crafts I also did. It was a truly busy, busy weekend. I love it when I stay busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Drop me a line...I love comments. XOXO ~Cass