Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday Wrap-up

It's cold and rainy here today. A great afternoon to curl up on the couch with a good book and a cup of Ho Cho (hot chocolate) but I should be documenting my projects and getting creative.

So a few days back I said that I had a couple projects going and would show ya'll later. Today is the day, folks! Aren't you excited?!?! Okay, well maybe not but these two projects were super-duper easy and CHEAP! I wanted to start decorating our bathroom...well actually the entire house. I am such a scatter brain sometimes and start bits and pieces of one job and soon I realize that I have many projects going at once. I'm not sure how to correct that but I will work on it for sure.


So back to the bathroom, I wanted a nice iron piece to hang on the wall. They have several gorgeous pieces at "Real Deals" in the Valley. LOVE THAT STORE!! All their items are relatively cheap and they are constantly getting new things in and running specials and promo's, love love love it! I found a few I liked but didn't really want to spend $40.00 on it. Don't get me wrong, they were gorgeous and worth every penny but I was really on a tight budget. I went to my next favorite store (well maybe my third). "Ross" people; it's a great place to find cheap decor items. I found this beaut! Check her out!








She was only $11.99; thats a huge savings and I just couldn't pass it up. The color wasn't bad but it wasn't what I wanted. I knew it would be an easy fix. I took my lovely item, my trusting can of glossy black spray paint and went outside to crank it out. 10 minutes later I had a brand new piece!






Its hard to tell that it's black because I am a terrible photographer. It's a good thing I don't do this for a living-geez. It looks WAY better on the wall. We have a large garden style tub in the corner of the master bath and it has three surrounding walls. One that has a window and two others, one of which is perfect for the iron piece and the other The Hubs will be building shelves for.










I also found a decorative coat hanger and wanted it on the inside of our linen closet in the master bath to hang robes on. It was only $1.99 at World Market about a year ago. I know what your thinking.."it's such a small and easy peasy item to put up, why wait a year". I actually forgot about it until about 4 months ago and since then I have been trying to decide if it would be best in the walk-in closet or in the linen closet.









Wow, I never noticed before but can I technically call this a linen closet if we don't have any linens in it?!?! What in the heck happened to all of our towels and such! Anyway I will need to work on that later this afternoon for sure. My next project is a foot stool I bought, also at Ross, for only $14.99. It was in good shape but it needed a couple spots welded and I wanted a new fabric. It also had a tiny hole on the top...can you see it?




HA HA HA; my little helper Maude. That is our Saint Bernard and she is constantly up in your business.


So there is the "before" and later this week I will show you the "after". I think you are going to like it. For now, I believe my original idea of a good book and some Ho Cho sounds absolutely wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Drop me a line...I love comments. XOXO ~Cass