Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thanksgiving Cornucopia



I know I promised some other projects but this one was so easy to do and I could complete it without much time. It's been hectic at work; this time of year people do not want to pay for their bills because they have Christmas gifts to purchase so life for me is busy.

I swear that I will complete the foot stool and post it later this weekend. I won't leave my peeps hangin! So for now back to the cornucopia...

First I found this at Michael's; it has a flat bottom and it had a handle so I don't think it was intended to be used the way I was thinking I could but I figured that I could still make it work. I cut off the handle first (the hard way-with scissors; ugh). This "basket" was marked down from $12.99 to $4.99 and additional savings on all Fall or Halloween decor at Michaels and this baby only cost $2.39




I then took some floral foam; I bought in bulk so I would have extra for other projects. It was only $3.99 for 5 blocks. Oh and you can always cut this and shape it down to fit your needs.


I then took some Spanish Moss that I had laying around for another project; a Christmas project. Oh man; Christmas already?!?! It's coming folks and I usually wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate for it but I think this year I will start early. Christmas is full of sexy, sparkles and pizazz!! I love to decorate for Christmas. I got off track here; sorry about that--back to the project at hand. I added the moss and covered the foam. From there I started adding in fruits, leaves, pinecones and berries.


Ohhh glitter; I love me some sparkly! I am such a girly girl!






The box of fruit and fillers was only $2.49; marked down from $7.99. The yellowish/greenish/orangish gords were only .39 cents each people! That is amazing. I wish I had more places to put them because I would have taken the rest of what they had.


I started to stuff everything in; some of it wouldn't fit so I had to lay it out in front of the piece but if memory serves me right, that is how the pictures show the cornucopias anyway; filled with fruit and spilling out. Maybe I am wrong but I liked how I put it together and it only took 10 minutes. Now I have a new "centerpiece" for Thanksgiving. I am sure there are far better looking ones out there, heck maybe you made better looking ones yourself but I love it. I never got into decorating for Thanksgiving or much of Fall (which is odd because I love Fall for the clothes, the warm cider, the smell of baked goods, the colors of leaves and so much more) for that matter but I am confident that I can make it work and for years to come our house will be decorated for Fall.





Just a few finishing touches to the table and it will be perfect, or close to for my standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Drop me a line...I love comments. XOXO ~Cass