Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Crackle Spice Drops (Improvised)

Now that I have an organized pantry and can find everything I am looking for without struggle I decided to make good use of it and bake something tonight. I looked over recipes and pulled a few that I knew I had all the ingredients for (or so I thought).



The two that I narrowed it down to were Crackle Spice Drops and Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies. What tipped the scales in the Spice Drop's favor was that while I had cream cheese I didn't want to use it all and forgo a bagel for breakfast tomorrow. So it was settled; Crackle Spice Drops it is and folks, they are super easy to make-I promise! It turns out that I didn't have powdered sugar or pumpkin pie spice but I was quick on my feet (with a little reassurance from mom) and improvised.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup of unpacked brown sugar (Shut Up! you always pack brown sugar but whatever)
1 large egg
1 Tbsp of vanilla extract
2 cups of flour
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp of table salt
1 Tbsp of pumpkin pie spice (*a little cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves and ginger)
1/4 cups of powdered sugar (*regular sugar)

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375.

In a mixing bowl, on medium speed, beat margarine with the brown sugar until it is creamy. Add the egg and vanilla extract; beat until light and fluffy. Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice (or multiple spices).



Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into the powdered sugar (or regular sugar) to coat. Place onto baking sheet. Bake until golden-about 7 to 8 minutes.



Yields 1 cookie per serving (or 9 if your name is Cass)

This was super quick, super easy and now my house smells heavenly with all the spices and sugar. Bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Drop me a line...I love comments. XOXO ~Cass