Saturday, February 13, 2010

Spread the Love

Again, under normal circumstances I would normally not celebrate Valentine's Day but I just couldn't resist making a wreath for a dear friend and her beautiful daughter. They like to decorate for every holiday and I love their spirit so I decided to jump on the bandwagon and create a new craft for their viewing pleasure.

I started with a grapevine wreath (3.99 at Michaels), some glittery heart picks (1.00 ea pkg at Dollar Tree) and some foam words (1.00 at Michaels).




I initially thought to cut the sticks from the foam hearts but as you can see it still left a stub because I couldn't get close enough.

I then thought maybe I can just pull them out of the foam hearts and voila! It worked! I just carefully wiggled them and then grabbed the heart and the stick and pulled in opposite directions.



First I layed out the foam words to get an idea of spacing and then I just started hot glueing the foam hearts onto the wreath in a random but still cohesive fashion.


Then I hot glued the words on. At first the whole phrase was going to go from left to right but I decided it looked better top to bottom. See...

So what do you think of the wreath? Easy enough, right! Also I am playing around with a new program for my pictures called Picasa. I found out about it from here. Centsational Girl is truly sensational and she is full of tons of information. I want to be her when I grow up :) So if you start seeing some funky images on this blog it's probably me getting carried away with Picasa and just reign me in.

Here are some other Valentine's ideas floating around for your viewing pleasure. All were found at Better Homes and Gardens.


I'm not sure what it is about gingham that makes me all gushy inside but it's simply divine! I love it!

OMG! (Squeal) I love these too!

And this idea of making floral centerpieces from old paint cans or pails is genius! I think I may try this for Easter!

Enjoy your Valentine's Day weekend! Loves to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Drop me a line...I love comments. XOXO ~Cass